Home

Saturday 5 November 2011

No good roles, Shilpa takes a break from acting

Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty took a break from films for two years as she is bored of doing the same thing and the roles that is coming her way is repetitive and she does not want to do the same thing again and again.

“No earth-shattering roles were being offered to me. There was nothing. Whatever little work was coming my way, I had already done those things. I didn’t want to repeat myself. I want to do parts that will justify me as an actor,” says Shilpa.

Married to businessman Raj Kundra, Shilpa believes that it is necessary to take those breaks as she has many more responsibilities towards her family. “So, I have taken this deliberate break for two years before I start acting again. I had reason to do that because I got married and responsibilities and priorities all changed for me overnight. I’m still a full-time businesswoman and it’s very difficult to do everything together”, she added.

She said that she is not missing her original profession, “I don’t miss it. I’m very content in my life and I’m very busy with my business and my husband, so I don’t really feel like I’m losing out on it”.

She is a complete businesswoman. She owns a flourishing spa business, an Indian Premiere League team (Rajasthan Royals) and her own yoga DVDs, and recently she has launched a discounted real estate website, Group Home Buyers, for the middle class segment. The long legged actress is soon going to start her own production house.

The actor will be next seen on celluloid in ‘The Desire’.



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites