Home

Saturday 29 October 2011

Shiba – the showbiz darling in Bangladesh


People call her Shiba. She is one of the promising models in today's Bangladesh. She stepped into the showbiz through a drama which was directed by Murad Pervez wherefrom her journey to the showbiz world began few years back. Shiba has so far has worked as model of Nakshatra Jewellery, Gems Gallery, Diamond World, Anjali Jewellery, Key Kraft, Kazi Craft, Abortona, Summer Collection etc. Now a few directors are discussing with her for casting in their movies. If things go smoothly, Shiba will soon step into Bangladeshi film industry. She recently accorded an interview to Weekly Blitz. Here is the excerpt:
Q: After being a successful model of a number of products and services in Bangladesh, are you seeing hope of working in films?
A: Yes of course! Celluloid is the final destination of every actor. I already have worked in a short film named 'Eve Teasing', which got appreciation from the viewers. Now, some directors and cine production companies are discussing with me for casting in their films. Hopefully, very soon, I will enrol my name as a film actor in this country.
Q: Being a model, did you get any recognition for your work?
A: Yes, I got the award from Bangladesh Cultural Reporters Association [BABISAS] as best ramp model in 2010. I also received awards such as Glamour Award, Fashion Model Award etc.
Q: If you are given opportunity to choose one from modeling and acting, what you will do?
A: Modeling is my platform. That is part of my life and I surely love it. But, I am also interested to be an actor. I think, both are equally important and may not conflict with each other.
Q: Recently you have started working as a choreographer. Tell us something about that.
A: One thing is I want to give the best of best in my work. Be it as a model or an actor or choreographer. I am very focused and attentive to my work. This is the first thing I maintain, while working in any of the fields in the entertainment industry.
Q: Who is the best source of inspiration to your work in the showbiz world?
A: My parent, especially my mom [Shefali Begum], who gives me inspirations and guidance in each of my steps in the entertainment industry. I feel so fortunate to have such supportive parents.
Q: Will you tell us about your educational life?
A: I am studying electrical engineering at Ahahsanullah University of Science and Technology. At the same time, I am also doing my CAT course from CUC [Chartered University College]. In a year, I will complete my electrical engineering and hope to have my masters and then plan to go abroad for PhD.
Q: Does modeling and acting hamper your education?
A: Not at all! I give first priority to my studies, and all others are next.
Q: Some of the Indian actors like Vidya Balan [Bidya Balan] or Paoli Dam have worked in movies like Bad Story or Chhatrak [Fungus], where both had to be nude for the sake of the role. If you ever get chance in working in movies outside Bangladesh, will you agree to become nude for the sake of role?
A: If I work in a film, I will always dedicate myself in giving the best of my performance. So, if the script of the movie will require anything, I will definitely be ready to fulfil that requirement. Both the actors you mentioned are extremely talented and they already have proved their brilliance in a number of movies. So, I see nothing wrong, when they have to give the shots as required by the script and the story.
Q: Tell us something about the Shiba in her personal life.
A: In personal life, I am very simple, straight-forward and not hot-tempered at all. My friends love me because they consider me to be always very cool and polite. I hate to be angry.
Q: What is the definition of sexuality in your own vocabulary?
A: Sexuality is a great part of human life. It is a way to be attracted by the opposite sex, which makes a person happy and sometimes it is one of the best ways of exposing and even fulfilling our sexual needs that is normal for every human being. I do not cover myself with sexual taboos.
Q: Who are your favorite actors and actresses in Bollywood and Hollywood as well as Dhallywood?
A: In Bollywood my favorite actors are Amitabh Bachchan and Hema Malini. In Hollywood I like Jacky Chan and Sofia Vergara. In Dhallywood I like Subarna Mustafa and ATM Samsuzzaman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites